‘Ronaldo Only Appears To Be Taking Pictures By The Pool In Quarantine’

Cristiano Ronaldo has been
criticised by former Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli over his
actions in the coronavirus pandemic, with the five-time Ballon d’Or
winner considered to have “complicated” matters.

‘Ronaldo Only Appears To Be Taking Pictures By The Pool In Quarantine’ 1

The
Portuguese was allowed to head back to his native Madeira before public
life in Italy shut down, with the Juve squad placed in quarantine once
it was revealed that Daniele Rugani had tested positive for Covid-19.

Ronaldo
had been freed by then to return to his homeland after seeing his
mother suffer a stroke – Maria Dolores has since been released from
hospital and is continuing her recovery in a private medical facility,
with her son allowed to turn his attention elsewhere.

READ  Fetty Wap – Could You Believe It

Gigli
claims the 35-year-old is now more concerned with “taking pictures by
the pool” and has set an unfortunate precedent that is making it
difficult for other sports stars to be contained.

The likes
of Gonzalo Higuain, Miralem Pjanic and Douglas Costa have also been
released from the Juve camp to join their respective families around the
world.

“Things at Juventus got complicated when Cristiano Ronaldo left,” Gigli told Radio Punto Nuovo.

“He said he was going to Portugal because of his mother, but now he only appears to be taking pictures by the pool.

READ  Commotion As Angry Youth Burn Police Station For Stopping Their Friday Prayer Over Coronavirus

“When the exception was made for him, things fell apart and others wanted to leave but it shouldn’t have been like this.

“They all should have been quarantined.”

‘Ronaldo Only Appears To Be Taking Pictures By The Pool In Quarantine’ 2

Gigli admits that Juventus have been forced into a corner when it comes to letting senior stars flee Italy.

He
feels that the reigning Serie A champions will now find it difficult to
get back up to speed once a return to competitive action is given a
green light.

Those outside of Turin have been given
individual training regimes, but they will be short of sharpness when
returning to the Allianz Stadium and have to prove that they are not
carriers of the coronavirus.

READ  Ne-Yo - LA NIGHTS

Gigli added: “Criticising now is easy, but from the outside I don’t know why players wanted to leave Italy.

“When they return it’ll be more difficult to get back in shape because they’ll have to stay in quarantine for 14 days.”

While
Ronaldo’s actions have been questioned by Gigli, the iconic Portuguese
has been doing his bit to tackle a global health crisis by donating €1
million (£920,000/$1.08 million) to help three intensive care units
alongside his agent, Jorge Mendes .